Midwifery (Certified Nurse Midwives)
A certified nurse midwife (CNM) is a medical professional who provides primary care, prenatal care, delivery, and post natal care for women. They are uniquely positioned to provide clinical expertise, emotional support and health education for the patient and her family.
Our midwives' credentials include:
• Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board
• Completion of a Master of Science program in nursing/nurse midwifery
• Completion of a Bachelor of Science program in nursing
The Northside Women’s Specialists midwifery service, established in 1993, is a provider of midwifery services at Northside Hospital in Atlanta. Our certified nurse midwives provide full scope midwifery care for both high-risk and routine pregnancies, and share the philosophies held by the American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM), including individualized patient-centered care. Our commitment to supporting the natural birth process with minimal intervention supports this philosophy.
Our certified nurse midwives provide:
• History and physical exams, including yearly well-woman exams and treatment of minor problems
• Family planning
• Pre-conception counseling
• Maternity care, including labor and delivery
• Care of peri- and post-menopausal women
• Medication recommendations
• Health education
We perform all deliveries at Northside Hospital.