Your Office Visit
New Patient Registration
New patients may choose from two registration options:
- Download and fax your completed New Patient Registration Form to our Northside office at 404.255.2057 or to our Alpharetta office at 678.352.0254
- Download and bring your completed New Patient Registration Form to your scheduled office visit.
Your First OB Visit
Congratulations on your pregnancy.
We look forward to seeing you for your first pregnancy visit and guiding you through this exciting and life changing experience. Please take some time to review the information below.
What to expect at your first visit:
- A vaginal ultrasound to confirm your due date
- Opportunity to meet with one of the midwives or physicians to review your medical history and answer any questions about your care
- Physical exam including a Pap smear
- Routine obstetric panel of blood work (blood type, CBC, Hepatitis B, RPR, Rubella, HIV, Hemoglobinopathy)
- Referral to maternal-fetal medicine if indicated
Additional Testing Offered
- Carrier testing (cystic fibrosis, SMA, Fragile X, Ashkenazi Jewish panel)
- Genetic Testing
o Sequential screen
o NIPT Cellular Free DNA fetal testing
Be assured that we make every effort to honor your appointment time. However, the nature of our specialty sometimes causes delays. We apologize in advance and thank you for being patient with us. If your provider is delayed, we will keep you informed, give you the option of seeing another provider, or reschedule your appointment.
Patient and visitor safety is a priority for us here at Northside Women’s Specialists. As part of this effort, we have developed specific protocols to help reduce the occurrence of accidents and injuries. Therefore, in order to provide the highest level of service and safety, toddlers under the age of five are not allowed in the ultrasound rooms without the direct supervision of an adult. Please bring an adult friend or family member to supervise your child while your ultrasound examination is being performed.
Follow Up OB Visits
Routine return obstetric visits are typically every month until about the 28th to 32nd week. After that time, you will come every two weeks. In your last month, you will be seen weekly. During these visits we will:
- Check your weight
- Take a blood pressure measurement
- Perform a urinalysis
- Listen to baby’s heartbeat
- Answer your questions and address any concerns
Prescriptions and Refills
Please request all prescriptions and authorizations for refills during normal office hours by calling the Northside office at 404.257.0553 or the Alpharetta office at 678.352.0650. Our providers do not refill monthly birth control pills on the weekend.
In the event of an emergency, immediately go to the closest Emergency Room and ask them to contact your doctor. If an urgent situation arises during office hours, call us and we can direct you to emergency care. If the situation is not that severe and our office is closed, call 404.255.2057 and the answering service will promptly forward your call to the provider on-call.
Fees and Payments
Fees and Payments
We make every effort to contain the cost of your care. Co-payments or fees for non-covered services are collected by our staff at the time of your visit. A deposit may be required for surgical procedures. If your treatment requires several visits, you will be given an estimate. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. If you have any questions about payments or fees, please call our office and ask to speak with a reimbursement specialist.